2 Aralık 2010 Perşembe

What a difference a day makes

Simply the difference is you.

Everyday in our lives we do something, I mean at least most of the people do something, right. Well, it's been awhile since I re-took on swimming and today was the toughest training I had in years. As a former athlete, I am very competitive. Not that I try to race everyone I can take, but I try to improve myself every time I do something, no matter if it is work related or physical exercise. That is what basically keeps me motivated about life in general.

I cannot think myself doing the same things on on again, at very exact moment everyday. For instance, even doing a little amount of exercise or spending some time for my hobbies is what I try. And that is really what bothers me about military. I am really not worried about ending up in a bad place or serving under an asshole. I guess, after all, spending all of my money on books and magazines before I go to military was not a bad decision. I hope can find time and a good place to read those...

Today me and Arda went to the pool. After a some 20 min. running we jumped into the pool for a top notch training. Just next to us, there was a weird guy who was not stopping at any end of the pool and continuously hitting lanes. He was so persistent at hitting that I cannot get my self thinking of about if I hit the lanes that many times during my entire swimming career. Anyway, after the training I ran into the guy at the showers and witnessed another ridicules moment. He was showering and there was shampoo all over his open eyes and that was just before I saw his white stick hanging on the hangers and realized what it was all about. That blind guy swam for maybe more than an hour and half without having a break. What a passion for life! That experience really made us review our lives once more. I can feel I am now a different person compared to who I was yesterday.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder